January is the month for New Year's Resolutions but I never seem to get around to it until February. It's like I need the first month or two of the new year to re-group and get it together. So, 2010... I am ready for you now!
In 2010 I resolve to:
1. Not cuss like a pirate any more... I find myself telling Samantha how saying bad words sends a negative message about the person who says them and I remember my mother saying that swearing shows a lack of creativity. So, I resolve to think of better words to use. (Although, I reserve the right to call any idiot I so choose an ass monkey.)
2. Not say anything in private that I wouldn't say to the whole world... This one kind of reminds me of the old saying: If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all.
3. Be less judgemental... I have no idea what it is like to walk in someone elses shoes and false judgements can hurt others. Judging others is a complete waste of time. So, I resolve to walk down my own path, to allow you to walk down your path and to just let others be themselves.
4. Listen more & listen better... How often do our minds wander when someone else is speaking? And, how often are we planning what we are going to say next instead of focusing on what the other person is saying? Really listening makes us feel good therefore I resolve to get off my own agenda and listen more.
5. Live happily ever after now...