Thursday, October 4, 2007

My child is strange... John is doing some sort of traffic stop training with the 2 new guys and gets off at 8pm tonight instead of his usual 11pm which is way after Samantha has gone to bed on a school night... so, he called and asked if we wanted to come into the hood around 8pm when he gets off and we can all go get ice cream... We said yes... but then, a few minutes later Samantha says to me, "you know Mommy, I might want to take a bath instead of going to get ice cream." WHAT?!? Is this my child, the one who puts labels on the ice cream in the freezer forbidding anyone to eat it or bad things will happen to them... It was hot today so she must not feel well...

After school today I wanted to do something... so did Samantha but we couldn't figure out exactly what we wanted to do... We went home and I helped Samantha with her math homework... yes, you heard that correctly, I HELPED SAMANTHA WITH HER MATH... (Remember, I chose a college based on the fact that math was not required.) So, I must have had some momentary brain swelling that caused some area of math clarity to open up... It was rather hot out today... So, when we were done we decided to go to the park... the one with the living historical farm because they have a play area that is in the shade... We played for a while but then decided that we really didn't feel like doing much of anything after all... We came home and here we sit... waiting to go have ice cream... Plus, John says he has some juicy gossip about something that is going on at his work and I can't wait to hear...

Surprisingly I am way less stressed at work even though I have 3 shows coming up and they have trained another guy to do technical work out in the field which adds to what I already have to do... but I am calm, serene, at peace with it all... Something happened last week at work that should have really shaken me but again surprisingly, nothing but calm... Last week Ron came back from a show and he was really cranky and he yelled at me... He said some really mean things to me in front of everyone... Now, I have gotten into shouting matches before at work but they were 2 way conversations... er, I mean, shouting matches and I never detected hostility in their voices they way I did when Ron said the things he did. It was almost scary how angry he was... I was so stunned I just picked up my things and left...It was time for me to leave anyway... but still, I did not respond at all to Ron... That is very unlike me, I always have to put my two cents in and I have to have the last word... Usually when something like this happens at work I cry but not this time... And, even later on when I re-played it over in my mind, I could not cry... That really shows me that Ron means absolutely nothing to me...

Like I said here we sit, I am on the front porch and Samantha is playing with chalk on the driveway and something with her hula hoop... Anyway, a guy just rode by on his bike with a wiener dog on a leash running alongside him... Boy did that look ridiculous... Enough for now... we are off to get ice cream...

No comments: