Sunday, March 9, 2008

The Blizzard of 2008

We got tons and tons of snow! It started on Friday around 10am. We were in our weekly meeting in the conference room at work and watches the snow start out as a few flurries and by the time we were done it was snowing hard and blowing horizontally! Around 11:30am I got a call from Samantha's school that they were dismissing 2 hours early. It took me 40 minutes to get to school because the roads were a sheet of ice. When we got home I shoveled the driveway and then Samantha and I made a snow bunny. The snow wasn't the really good packing kind that you can roll so the snow man looked like a bunny instead.

On Saturday I got up with John while he was getting ready for work at 6am and looked out the window to see everything covered with snow, lots and lots of snow. Our street looked so pretty because there were no tracks in the street yet or any footprints... it was all a beautiful blanket of white.

Samantha played with her stuffed animals all weekend...

It snowed all day and we were under a level 2 snow emergency. Samantha and I stayed inside up until about 6:30pm when we had to go out to try and clear off the driveway for John. John worked overtime and had to deal with two separate dead people. He is always in a strange mood after dealing with dead people so we shoveled the driveway and had dinner ready when he got home close to 9pm. The driveway was awful to shovel! I don't know how my dad shovels the tons of Buffalo snow all winter! It was almost knee deep and incredibly heavy. It took me over an hour just to get John's side of the driveway sort of clear. I did part of my side but my back hurt so there is still a snow island in the middle. I hope I can get out on Monday! While I shoveled Samantha made a snow fort. I gave her some jello to play with, peach jello to make snow cones. She had a blast.

The Buffalo socks Dad sent kept our feet toasty warm...

This picture speaks for itself!


Jess said...

The snow is gorgeous!

Does Samantha know that stuffed animals come alive at night? My mother told me that when I was a little girl and my sister and I always made sure when we went to bed at night, the little guys were placed neatly on the floor and made sure they weren't piled up which would prevent them from being able to breathe!

And yes, at 38, I STILL do that!! LOL

Anonymous said...

I am sooooo sick of the snow, I'm praying for the warm weather.

Philip said...

Great pictures!

It's 79 degrees here!