Sunday, December 21, 2008

Oh my... I had another thumb incident...

Yup... I was using super glue while making Christmas presents and glued the darn tube of glue to my thumb! John was in the other room and I yelled for him but the glue set by the time he got to me... Isn't it odd how the ribbon I was tying to glue had to be held in place to set for several minutes but it only took seconds for the tube to stick tight to my skin!

John read on line how to unstick stuck skin... we soaked my thumb in nail polish remover and John used a pencil to try and pry my skin from the tube... OUCH!!!!

More soaking in nail polish remover and waiting....

Then we washed it in warm soapy water... then back to the nail polish remover...

And after about 45 minutes we had victory! I have me thumb back!
Samantha told me I really should be more careful when I use super glue next time...

2 comments:

Linda Hoetger said...

YEP!! Or wear gloves.

Jess said...

hmm, give a girl opposable thumbs and look what she does with them. Kate, I have two cats who would be happy with your thumbs if you don't want them! LOL