Monday, June 1, 2009

Misc. Updates (since I haven't posted in forever!)

I got a new camera for Mother's Day! It is just like Samantha's so she taught me how to use it. (I feel old...) There are a bunch of pictures that I need to post but I just haven't gotten around to it... Lately I've been quite busy playing Path Words on Face Book and John and I were just elected President and Vice President of our Home Owners Association.

We are really enjoying the HOA. It is a lot of work currently because we are just learning the ropes and figuring things out. And, we have met so many interesting people so far.

Samantha only has 4 more days of 4the grade left! And, only 19 more days until her 11th birthday! I can't believe my baby is turning 11! She said she wants a puppy for her birthday... she's getting a new bike instead.

Over the weekend we went an saw Peter Pan at the Great Southern Theater. I used to stay at the Great Southern when I was at Ohio Wesleyan and it was parents weekend but I'd never been to the theater. It was really beautiful. I think Samantha really appreciated the architecture as well. and the play was cute.

Over Memorial Day weekend we went to the Franklin Park Conservatory. I got some great butterfly pictures that I will post soon. Every year they have butterflies among the gardens in one area. They are really neat... I love it when there aren't too many people in there and it's really quiet... it is so relaxing watching the butterflies fluttering around. My mom had taken Samantha there when she came to visit and it was cute to hear Samantha point out the things they had seen together. It made me smile listening to her recall their outing.

No comments: