Saturday, April 19, 2008

The other night Samantha and I took a walk at Chestnut Ridge... just the 2 of us. As we walked deeper into the woods I kept thinking about how Anjie got chased by a mama deer last year and it kind of freaked me out a little. When we came down the last hill we heard a little commotion and there, high up in the trees were 15 turkey vultures! I was so excited that Samantha was finally getting to see what they looked like outside the pages of a book but wow... there were 15 of them and everyone knows I am terrified of birds...especially huge black birds with grotesque red heads! Tammy came along the trail a few minutes later and she tried to take a picture of them with her cell phone. I felt better with her there because she is way taller than we are so if they were to attack they would attack her first...

1 comment:

Ms. Anne said...

Did the picture make it? Can we see it? Turkey buzzards are a lot bigger than most people think. We have quite a few of them in our area of Tennessee.