Monday, June 2, 2008

This past weekend was beautiful. I think the warmer weather has finally arrived. On Saturday John worked while Samantha and I went into town to the Farmer's Market. I think next week we will get a snake. There is a gentleman who makes bird houses, snakes and other various things out of gourds. They are great. if we get one I will, of course, take a picture. We met up with Kelly, Tim and the kids and Samantha went off with them leaving me alone. Is it weird but I miss that kid terribly when she's not with me. Then on Saturday evening we went to Ellen's graduation party. Her son Scott graduated from high school. We spent most of our time there taking to Ellen's daughter Stephanie. I love Stephanie and hope Samantha turns out half as great as she is.

On Sunday Samantha and I met John and his rookie, Hank for lunch. On the way there we stopped at the book store. Samantha got the second Spiderwick Chronicles book and "A Wrinkle in Time". This summer one of the activities I am planning for Samantha and her friends is a book club and their first book is "A Wrinkle in Time". Lunch was nice except half way through John and Hank had to leave for a dead guy.

There is this Mexican place in town that has pollo loco on the menu that is really really good. Kelly finally figured out how to make it: marinate the chicken in taco seasoning. I made it last night and it was awesome. John has requested it next time on a bed of lettuce with diced tomatoes, sour cream and guacamole. Speaking of guacamole and Mexican places... we just got a fast food-ish place in town called Del Mars. I guess they are known on the west coast for their fish tacos. Fish tacos sound icky to me but the next time we go I may try one. The first time we went to owner asked if we'd tried the guacamole and I said no, guacamole is icky. Well, he talked me into trying it and I was wrong, guacamole is not icky. (Please, no one tell my husband I said that phrase: I was wrong... he will tease me about it forever!)

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Okay,now I am going to steal something from you! A book club sounds like a great idea for over the summer reading for my daughter and her friends.