Sunday, August 10, 2008

A Sad Tale...

Once upon a time, several years ago, I thought it would be a good idea to clean Samantha's room when she wasn't home. That way I could get rid of things I thought she wouldn't even notice were gone. This was not the case. Boy was I WRONG WRONG WRONG! She had two of these little brown dogs (pictured above) and silly me thought: you don't need two. One of them is named Moon Doggie and the other one, the one I got rid of was named Him Dad.

So, here we are several YEARS later... Samantha pulled out Moon Doggie and was playing with him and she was quick to point out that Moon Doggie has no dad because I got rid of Him Dad. Rufus came to the fair with us but he was sad because he STILL misses Him Dad. That kid has a mind like a steel trap.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh soo sad. I am always suprised at what my kids remember.

Anonymous said...

Oh Kate I can so relate to this. I have done this many times with my hubby and son and I always end up getting busted. Don't you find they keep the strangest little trinkets that always appear to be junk to us?
Schools starting soon, so I'll have to do a secret clean up as well.

Jess said...

Oh my that is some story, I wasn't sure whether I should laugh or cry ( I laughed!) Bad me! :)