Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Batty Brownies

Samantha made these brownies, they were quite yummy!

Yesterday was Skyline Kid's Night as usual. It's funny how come about Tuesday each week I start to crave the chili burrito.

When we got home the earth stopped spinning and the sky fell in, did you feel it? Samantha realized she forgot her reading book and she has a quiz tomorrow! Oh, the horror. It was a little funny to watch her stop dead in her tracks and to watch the pretty little face scrunch up. She was so upset. She was furious. I told her she was "smad" but she didn't think it was funny. But, in the end I was very proud of her and can tell that she is maturing and learning to reason things out. She is finally able to see that it is okay to get mad or upset but then it is best to let it go, especially if there is nothing you can do about it.

Every year as Samantha gets older I am intrigued to see how she changes and I am thrilled, as a mom, to see that what John and I have been teaching her is working... the things that we pound into her thick head as well as the subtle things she picks up through watching us. I love being a mom and can't remember what my life was like before!

No comments: