Monday, December 3, 2007

It's been a while! Every free moment I have had has been spent working on our hand made Christmas presents. I am almost done with the throw I am making for my Dad and am about to start on the one for my Mom. Samantha is busy making calendars and John is going to make candles. Actually, the candle project is going to be a family activity. I went to the thrift store and got lots of cute containers for candle holders.

I have recently discovered that I have an addiction to yarn. I see beautiful yarn... I buy beautiful yarn. Oh my!

John got the bid sheet for his shift next year and for the first time there was an opportunity for him to go to day shift and he took it. It has been different having John home in the evenings but not as big an adjustment as we thought.

This past Friday Samantha and I went to see "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever" at the Columbus Children's Theater. It was great. The Herdman children were perfect, exactly as I had imagined them in my mind after reading the book. Samantha loved the play and started reading the book over the weekend.

On Saturday we all set out for our town's Christmas in the village. It was sleeting a slight bit but it was still fun anyway. They had Santa ride in on an antique fire truck to light the Christmas tree. There was a bon fire and a guy carving ice sculptures and all of the shops were open with games and refreshments. We had fun even though we froze our little noeses off. Afterward we went to dinner and warmed up.

No comments: