Wednesday, December 26, 2007

We had a lovely Christmas and pictures will be posted soon. After work on Christmas Eve I went to to buy some yarn to make Samantha a blanket. That should be a good project to do on our trip. Then we all went in to Rose's house to do our gift exchange.

Rose had a little Santa hat for Rocco the dog but he wouldn't wear it... He did however wear his monkey on his back... I so wish I had gotten a picture because it is the funniest thing... He has one of those stuffed monkeys with the long arms and legs that have velcro on the paws... Rose raps it around his neck and is body so that the monkey part is on his back and he will walk around with it like that for hours... it is too cute!

Once it got dark on Christmas Eve we went to Gahanna to walk along the creek and look at the lights... It was freezing cold but lovely... the ducks were on the creek and one swan... The swan was as big as Samantha... I knew they were big but this one was on steroids or something because it was freakin huge! Then we drove downtown to look at the Nativity Scene they have every year... It shows not only the manger scene but Mary and Joseph going to Bethlehem and the wise men's journey... It is beautiful... They hadn't put the baby Jesus in the manger yet and we joked that it was probably in the trunk of the security guards car...

Samantha didn't want to take a bath with me like we do every year on Christmas Eve... Instead she played with her 2 new Webkinz on the computer... Before bed she left Hershey Kisses and a glass of milk for Santa... she signed the note she wrote: "Your Friend, Samantha"... And, she was asleep around 9pm...

On Christmas morning Samantha and John were up around 6am but I slept in until 8am... Samantha made me coffee while I was in the shower and then we opened presents... John and I had agreed not to get each other gifts since we are about to leave on vacation but he and Samantha went to Nordstroms and got me earrings... I love them but I feel like a dope for not getting John anything... I told him the slippers I got him last week are his present... Samantha loved the doll house furniture Santa brought her... We moved her doll house out into the living room in front of the tree so she could set everything up... Her favorite gift is the digital camera Santa brought her with the cute carrying case... she clipped the carrying case to her purse and brought it to dinner at Rose's house and took pictures all day...

We had Christmas dinner at Rose's house with Linda, Ray and their kids... John and I commented how we can't get over how the boys are all adults now... And, how Shawn and his girlfriend Gia remind us of how we were when we were dating... We had a lovely time, dinner was yummy and afterward we all played bingo... Everyone won at least one game but Samantha was the champ winning 5 games...

Samantha got Littlest Pet Shop Monopoly... we had the best time playing it with her... we played in the living room with the tree lights on and a fire in the fire place... John and I both ended up broke, Samantha won with tons of properties, pet carriers (their version of houses) and money...

It was a beautiful Christmas and I am thankful for all our family and friends...

No comments: