Sunday, December 23, 2007

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

These are some of the girls in Samantha's class. Samantha has her hands on Olivia's shoulders. Olivia is one of her good friends who is in her class.

Samantha and Tara with their reindeer at Skyline Kid's Night...

This is the blanket I made Mom for Christmas. It is a super soft green wool with a rust colored border...

And this is the blanket I mad Dad. His is brown yarn with a center stripe of a jewel toned yarn and the matching border.
Thursday was our work holiday party. I didn't take any pictures. It was very nice. Everyone was there, even Chris who was sick and Racheal who lives over 2 hours away. Oops, Jeff wasn't there but he was in Puerto Rico for work... Carla made her artichoke dip and Kim made her meatballs. Both are my favorites. Arlene made cookies and her marzipan macaroons are definitely on the list of favorites. We ate and then did our gift exchange. We gathered in Carla's living room where she had a fire in the fire place. Her house is great, she has the greatest colors, teal in the living room, gold in the entry way and rust orange in the kitchen. Anyway, Cary liked the scarf I made her. Lisa commented on how she'd like one of those so I will have to find out when her birthday is and make her one. Sue drew my name and gave me a gift card to STARBUCKS and some CHOCOLATE... my favorites. I left a little before 8pm. And, it was just in time too, I guess Stacey got really drunk and made a spectacle of herself.
On Friday I only worked a couple of hours, just enough time to hear all the stories from the party, and then I went to Samantha's class holiday party. On the way I stopped off at Starbucks for a peppermint mocha, yummy! Her Party was fun. They combined her 2 classes and there were all kinds of game and craft stations manned by the parents. I did the "pin the ornament on the tree" game which was a version of pin the tail on the donkey. There was one girl who hung around a talked to me a lot... remember these are third graders... and when we were leaving I wanted to make a point to say good by to her. I gave her a hug and she picked me up! It was the funniest thing, I was stunned... She picked me up! Samantha gave her teachers a candle we made and some cinnamon sugar pretzels she made. She was cute giving them her gifts. It was a really nice party.

Oh... and here is a Polly Pocket hotel turned Littlest Pet Shop house... I love the roof top pool and Christmas tree...





No comments: