Thursday, July 3, 2008

Beef Roll-Ups

We are planning a trip to visit my parents as we do every summer. So, I was on the phone with my dad the other day and we were planning out where and what we are going to eat. One night will be Tina's which is an Italian place in town that has my favorite calzones. We have been going there for about 24 years, I think they opened in 1984. Then my dad suggested the lake one evening for hot dos, fries, ice cream and no doubt someone torturing me with the seagulls. You know how I love those birds. Then I said I would make enchiladas one night. Dad says: "I had Mexican once. I took one bite and barfed it all over the table. NO MEXICAN!" So, I asked him if he would make spare ribs with his amazing bbq sauce and then the other night I would make beef roll ups. He agreed and we went on chatting. Then Dad says: "Hey, wait a minute, a beef roll up is an enchilada isn't it!" That just cracked me up. Mom said he will have forgotten the whole conversation and that I should make the enchiladas and if he's hungry he'll eat them.

My mom has a 1974 BMW 2002tii that she bought new in 1974. She still drives it but only in the summers now. She likes to take it out on the open country roads instead of in town so she has been traveling south from her house about an hour to the Wal Mart Super Store this summer. It cracks me up to picture my mom in Wal Mart but she says she is really enjoying her shopping trips. I can't wait to go home and drive that car. It's fun because it doesn't have power steering and it's like driving the way driving was ment to be. Our plan is to go to Wal Mart to get the stuff to make the beef roll ups!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I love "beef roll ups"! Ha ha.
E and T love the houses S made for her Webkins. I guess I will be looking for some boxes...