Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Setting up shop




Samantha set up a shop in her play room. It was so cute I just had to take a picture of it. The "glass figures" are partially my collection my mom started for me when I was little that I have continued for Samantha. And the snow globes are a collection John and I started for Samantha. We get her one from all the places we travel. In the lower left corner is the music box John gave me when we got married. It's also the one that I knocked the groom's head off of on our 10th anniversary when I was getting it off the shelf to show Samantha. And the doll house is the one my daddy made me when I was little that I have passed down to Samantha. In the picture you can see the little square needlepoint rug with an S on it that my mom made me. I love that I can share all my childhood memories with Samantha and that she can mix my childhood toys with her new things. When I watch her play it reminds me of the way I used to play and it brings me great joy.



No comments: