Tuesday, July 29, 2008

It's good to be clean...

Last night Samantha had Book Club. The book was "Because of Winn-Dixie" by Kate DiCamillo. I led the discussion for this book and I was a little disappointed that the girls didn't enjoy this story as much as I had. Olivia explained why: she prefers stories about journeys. Interesting. In the book India Opal asks her dad to tell her 10 things about her mother who had left when she was 3. So, for an activity I had the girls write a 10 things list. One for their mom and one for their dad. Mine said I am a good crocheter and I like to watch TV. John's said he likes being clean. This totally cracked me up! I guess it's true, the man takes at least 3 showers a day so I suppose he does like to be clean. Tara didn't come to book club tonight because she was sad about her cousin leaving. Every summer her cousin visits and every year Tara is sad for a few days. Since she wasn't there I asked the girls if they would like to make a 10 things list for Tara to cheer her up. They did and on the was to deliver it to her Samantha noticed that they had only done 9 things. She was about to get upset but I told her to leave it, 9 things is nice too.

No comments: