Monday, June 11, 2007

Our weekend was absolutely lovely. On Friday it looked like it was going to rain but it never did. Samantha and I went to the Columbus Art's Festival in the evening. We had a great time walking around looking at everything. Then we got a funnel cake and a giant lemonade and sat an watched the people go by.

On Saturday we had our first party of the summer around the fire pit. The guest list included:
Ty & Stephanie
Tammy
Keisha
Jeremy & Christy (Elizabeth & Madison)
Chad & Chrissy (Avery)
Jackie

Ty & Stephanie are the couple who moved into Gute & Sandy's house. They seem very nice. They have a 3 month old baby girl. she was born pre-mature and at 3 months only weighs 9 pounds. Normally I don't like holding babies but I did enjoy holding her.

Samantha had fun playing with Elizabeth and Avery. Elizabeth is the little girl who has the rare form of bone cancer. She is adorable. I guess she does not like her hair short but I thought it looked really cute. Ironically she reminded me of my cousin, also an Elizabeth who at her age had a similar short hair cut. Elizabeth brought her Nintendo DS. John and I were thinking about one for Samantha's birthday but she didn't show much interest in it. Avery is only 4 but she fit right in with the two older girls, probably because she has older sisters.

We sat around the fire until close to midnight. Ty and Stephanie left around 9pm to put the baby to bed. They seemed to have had a good time. We will definitely invite them again. I was pleased that Tammy fit in well considering that after Ty & Stephanie left it was all John's work friends. I can't wait until our next party.

On Sunday John needed to go into work so Samantha and I went with him. While he was there Samantha and I went for a walk. We were going to go to the library but didn't realize it was closed on Sunday. We walked through English Village over to Grandma's house. As we were walking there was a girl, probably 5 years old, playing in her front yard by herself. She started to come out by the road and said hi as we walked by. Because she was alone I didn't think it was appropriate to talk to her so we kept walking and she kept following us saying hi. When we didn't answer her she said: hola? It made me laugh.

There is definitely something wrong with Rose. Last week she made the comment that I never stay when I come by to pick Samantha up after a visit. Well, Samantha was there twice in the last 2 weeks and both times we had to be somewhere so I couldn't stop and visit. I though that stopping by on Saturday would be a good thing but I got the impression that she was annoyed. I invited her to a cook out to celebrate Samantha's birthday next Sunday and her response was: well, it's not Sunday yet. I'm not quite sure what that means, is she coming or not? Oh and I forgot, Samantha told her about our party Friday night. She seemed annoyed that we hadn't invited her. John told her that we have fire pit parties all the time in the summer and we don't invite her because she NEVER drives after dark. So, I know there is something going on there but I am not sure what. I'll have to email Linda and see if she has noticed.

Then Sunday evening we decided to have a family fire pit night. We started a fire about 8:30pm and roasted marshmallows. It was such a relaxing evening. Samantha decided that she wanted to tell ghost stories and that she would tell the first one. It went like this:
"Once upon a time there was a girl who liked monsters, ghosts and wizards who turned people into hairy balls..."
John and I both started laughing at the same time Samantha realized what she had said. It was hysterical!

And here it is Monday again. Am I strange because I actually like Mondays? I like the beginning, the starting of things... a new book, a new bag of chips , a new week. I like greeting the week on Monday morning with a cup of coffee and my to do list for the week and planning out each day.

No comments: