Friday, August 17, 2007

The Garden of Eden




I worked for a couple of hours this morning. Then John, Samantha and I had lunch at O'Charley's before Samantha and I left to visit my parents in Eden. The whole way there the sky was amazingly blue with giant white puffy clouds. Samantha and I listened to CD's: the Madagascar soundtrack and Jack Johnson and then Samantha fell asleep.


Oh yeah, when I got home from work and went in to get the stuff to load up the car John was standing next to the huge suitcase with all our clothes and he had a sad face: "Are you coming back?" he said.


We got there about 6pm. Mom was waiting for us. Her face was completely swollen! She had gotten stung by a yellow jacket that morning.


We had spaghetti for dinner with spinach bread. The dogs, Pepper and Dandy, sat under the table waiting for one of us to drop something yummy. I remember how much I loved my mom's meatballs growing up. They were homemade meat balls. So, I said I wanted two. Oh my god, they were from a package, yuck. I miss her meatballs.


After dinner Samantha, Dad (or BaBa as Samantha calls him) went for a hike in the woods behind their house. We looked at trees and identified leaves. Then we went down to the creek and went for another hike and hunted for rocks and skipped them too.
Once it started to get dark we went out onto the bridge to watch the bats fly out of the bat house. It is amazing to watch them fly and it is so peaceful out there on the bridge.


No comments: