Tuesday, August 28, 2007

We survived the first day of 3rd grade. It was great. On Sunday John had the day off and we all went to Easton to get a back to school outfit for Samantha. At Justice she got a pair of black leggings and a long tunic top with black and white flowers like all the kids are wearing this year. She also got a new pair of sneakers. They are silver and look more like shoes than sneakers. I almost had a heart attack, they were $44! But because they look like shoes she will be able to wear them a lot.





After shopping we had lunch at Red Robin. We were going to go to Johnny Rockets but it was gone! Red Robin had this amazing whiskey chicken wrap. John and I split it and boy was it good. Samantha and John split a mountain high ice cream pie for dessert. The thing was as big as Samantha's head but they ate it all.





So, Sunday night Samantha went to bed all showered and clean with her outfit all laid out for in the morning. After her shower she sat on the big bed while John brushed her hair and I painted her nails. After she fell asleep I thought about how fast the summer went by. I'M NOT READY FOR SCHOOL TO START!





Monday morning we set out for the first day of school. John got up and said good bye to Samantha before she left. When we got to school Samantha saw Ann and we walked in with her. I told Samantha I would walk her to her classroom today. She started to cry and her teacher came over. As I left her teacher was giving her a hug and saying, "I love hugs and hope you do too." Her teacher is going to be a good fit for her this year.





After shcool John and I went to pick Samantha up. While we waited the pre-school kids came out and it was sweet, several of them said they didn't want to go home when their parents came to pick them up. Then Samantha came out! She had a great day!





I've been DVR-ing a show on Bravo called "Flipping Out" about this guy named Jeff who buys these high end properties, fixes them up and sells them. He is something else. The one episode was about his assistant answering the phone improperly and his cat going for acupuncture. I like it because I get to see someone elses boss who is crazier than mine.





Speaking of TV shows... the other night was the season finale of "Army Wives". I hope they bring that show back next season, it is quite good. And when is next season anyway, I can't wait too long to start watching it again.





The other night John was at work. It was after 9pm and the door bell rang 3 times. It was the white trash neighbor who lives with her boyfriend and alcoholic ex-husband's 10 year old daughter, 2 other girls about the same age and a boy about 5. When I opened the door the boy held out a stuffed animal and said, "do you want to buy this elephant?" I said no and they all turned and walked away. Oh my god, that was weird. Oh, and I noticed that the girl (the white trash neighbor who lives with her boyfriend and alcoholic ex-husband's 10 year old daughter) had a cast on her arm. I wonder what unsupervised thing she was doing when that happened.





Today was the second day of school and it went well. Samantha seems to like her teacher and her class. I am so thankful for that. I want nothing more than for her to be happy.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I am glad Samantha has a nice teacher. E loves her 4th grade teacher this year.
That is weird that your neighbors tried to sell you a stuffed animal. I hope they don't find out you have a blog!