Friday, August 24, 2007

TGIF

Ugh, I felt so sick today. Here is what happened: I ate a yogurt. Then I went for a walk in the 99 degree heat with Sue. It was the heat and not Sue that made me feel just awful. I headed right for the couch when I got home. Samantha brought me Happy. Happy is a pink hippo we cuddle with when one of us doesn't fell well.
Several schools were closed today because of the intense heat. The schools when John is a police officer were closed. John said that if it was too hot for the little darlings to go to school then it was also too hot for them to be out committing crimes. He said that if any of them were dumb enough to get caught they were going to jail, no calling their mothers to pick them up this time.
This evening we stayed in. I stayed on the couch and Samantha came out to spend time with me. She brought out her Play Doh and played Iron Chef. It was great. She competed against her imaginary friend Shally. She would create a main dish, a drink and a dessert and then I would judge whether she or Shally had the better dish. It was so much fun. I love how creative she is. When I was younger Mom didn't allow TV because she said it would thwart my creativity and rot my brain. But I am so happy to see Samantha "learn" from TV and use it to further her creativity. Once we were done Iron Chef-ing it we watched a scary/stupid movie called "Bats". It was about this guy who created a human killing breed of bats. It was pretty bad but it had Lou Diamond Phillips in it and he's hot. We had a lovely evening together, me and Samantha that is. Lou and I had a lovely evening too after my Benadryl kicked in and I fell asleep before the movie was over.

No comments: