Friday, February 16, 2007

Snofie had another 2 hour delay at school today so PoPo Pop took her. She said: Daddy, no talking to my jelly sandwich again please. She cracks me up.

After work & school we went to purchase the carpet for the basement. This time I was very careful not to fall on the ice again. Then we went to O'Charley's for dinner. I decided to be daring and try something new. This is a big step for me because I am typically the kind of person who once I find what I like I don't vary from it ever. I got a grilled chicken thing on flatbread. It was okay but the most flavorful part of it was the cucumbers. Our waiter, Paul, sensed I didn't care for it too much and he took it off our bill. That was so nice. Then Snofie and I went to see a play: "Freedom Is My Middle Name". It was quite good even though it wasn't a comedy like Snofie is used to. It was about 5 teens who travel back in time to see "average African Americans" who made a difference in the history of our country and how their actions weren't so much about race but about freedom for all. I don't think Snofie got the whole message but she did get most of it. Afterward we went to Cup-O-Joe for coffee where she told me: that it didn't matter what color your skin but what was inside you that matters most.

Getting to the play was quite an adventure. I guess I didn't think about all the snow. They removed it from the street and did I think that it just mysteriously vanished? No, it is all piled on the side of the already narrow streets. Luckily I am an expert parallel parker and we found a place right in front of Cup-O-Joe. Walking the several blocks to the theater and back was a little challenging but fun. We had a good laugh about the snow chunk that found it's way into my shoe. Snofie asked why I wasn't wearing sneakers. I told her I wanted to look cute. She rolled her eyes.

We made friends with a girl at Cup-O-Joe who totally got the cute shoe thing. She was on her way to a blind date with a guy she met online. There was also a couple next to us who were so odiously on a first date. After they and our new friend left I told Snofie how thankful I am that I found PoPo Pop who I want to spend the rest of my life with. Then she had m tell her the story of how PoPo Pop and I met. It reminded me of when I used to ask my mom the same thing. I would ask her to tell me about when she was little.

No comments: