Tuesday, February 13, 2007

There was a huge storm over night and school was canceled today. This morning Snofie and I sat at the kitchen table with our coffee and watched the birds. Snofie put a plate of bread out on the deck for them. It was amazing to see how quickly her footprints filled with snow until you could barely tell she had walked across the deck.

PoPo Pop: I wish my work had a snow day.
Me: Heroes don't get snow days.
Snofie: And you're our hero.
He didn't think we were all that cute...

It snowed half of the day and then started to rain. While I was watching it out the front window I noticed Joy shoveling her driveway. I figured if she could do it then so could I. Ugh, what a mess. The snow was covered by a sheet of ice and it was still raining. It was so heavy but I got most of it done. I was totally exhausted yet totally amazed because Joy had shoveled her entire driveway while on the phone! She is always on her phone, but come on, in the rain while shoveling snow, totally amazing.

No comments: