Wednesday, January 24, 2007

PoPo Pop has been working really hard on the basement and it looks awesome. He had his mom over yesterday to help him hang dry wall. I don't know whether to be thankful that he didn't ask me to help him or hurt that he didn't ask me to help him. Maybe he just knows what a weakling I am. Oh well, it looks great none the less.

Snofie got all the spelling words right on her pre-test again. I am so proud of her. I just look at her and am amazed at what a big girl she is becoming and all that she is learning. I think about how she spends most of her day away from me at school and has this whole life that I can't see anymore. When she was little I saw every moment of her life. Now I have to have her tell me and I don't always understand. She came out of school today and said she had an awful day. She said someone pushed her down at lunch in the cafeteria but she didn't see who did it because she was walking too fast. That translates into: I was walking too fast because I was worried about something and I tripped and fell down then decided to blame it on someone I didn't see to save face. Okay, I get that one. Here is where it gets more complicated. She says, through tears making it all the more difficult to understand her, "other people know things that I want to know but they won't tell me."
Me: Who?
Snofie: I don't know.
Me: What won't they tell you?
Snofie: I don't know.
Me: When did this happen?
Snofie: When did what happen?
Me: This incident that has you so upset.
Snofie: There was no incident.
Me: Then who won't tell you what?
Snofie: There is no one in particular and it's just stuff.
Me: Was there an incident?
Snofie: I already told you.
Me: .....
Thankfully we were at the pizza place so that was the end of that. We went in to order the pizza and the guy asked her why she was all upset. He received a blank stare. I told hem we were going to run next door to the pet store while we waited for the pizza and he asked if we were going to get a puppy. I replied, no. And he said it looked like someone could use a puppy. Okay, SHUT UP mister pizza dude!
The puppies seemed to cheer Snofie up. There was a lonely little Whimeriner who was too cute. Normally I don't care for those dogs but this one had the cutest face with these big ears. He stopped being so cute though when he grabbed hold of my sweater with his teeth. There I am in the middle of the pet store, "please puppy, please let go of my sweater, let go of it now, please puppy..." One of the girls had the African Grey Parrot out so I went to pet him, he bit me but then he let me pet his head. Then we purchased our hamster food and went back for the pizza. Snofie seemed better after that.
After dinner Snofie and PoPo Pop went to the Home Depot. I'm scared as to what they will come home with. At least I know it won't be a puppy.

No comments: