Monday, January 8, 2007

Well, it's feeling a bit more like January around here with the temperature at 32 degrees.

We had our computer conversion at work today. I hate change / disruption like this but it did have an upside. The upside was that it drove Travel Guy crazy. He had been in the office on Friday and had pestered me all day, "Is my trip done yet? Is it? Huh? Huh?" His hovering certainly did not make me want to move very fast to finish it. So, this morning it still wasn't done. Now mind you, I have NEVER missed a deadline and I knew I had plenty of time to string him along awhile longer. Then we had a computer training meeting for a couple of hours which should have been terribly boring but for me it was fun because I'm mean. I know it was driving Travel Guy crazy. When we came out of the meeting we found that he, all 6'9" of him, had cleaned out the vent fans in the bathroom. Oh my god, that is hysterical! I hate him when he's in the office and love him when he is on the road.

Oh no, I am jealous of Mom's new daughter. Ok, she's just her friend but it doesn't feel that way. Rebecca is several years younger than I am and lives across the creek from my parents. I think my mom likes her because she doesn't argue with her and she is about as crazy over animals as Mom is. Here is the response I got to my gift: "I like the books but in your list of memories, well, Kavaguchi is Japanese not Chinese." (I had made her a book of 71 memories of us together and one of them had been of her helping me make a house for this doll, Kavaguchi.) So, I'm confused by that comment but moving on... They had Rebecca and her husband over for dinner last night and Mom went on and on about what a wonderful birthday it was having Rebecca there. Yup, I'm jealous of her new daughter.

Oh, I forgot the other news from when Ryan was over the other day: HE IS GOING TO COLLEGE. I am so glad that he finally figured out that that is the only way he is going to get ahead with his career. He got passed up for a promotion a while back. He had oodles of experience but they hired a guy from the outside who had more education. I guess that was the wake up call he needed.

No comments: