Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Kids Night & Cheesecake

Po Po Pop is in school this wee. He is taking Spanish for Law Enforcement. (I guess that would be Espanol para la policia.) I helped him practice last night and it's amazing how much I have forgotten since college.

This evening we met Kelly, Tim and the kids at Skyline Chili for kids night. Is it somewhat pathetic that this is the highlight of my day? Snofie always orders the exact same thing every Wednesday so Ciera, our waitress, doesn't even ask her what she wants anymore. My order always goes something like this:
Ciera: Do you want Pepsi or Dr. Pepper tonight?
Me: I don't care.
Ciera: The usual to eat?
Me: Yes and I think I want a side dish too.
Ciera: Do you want it to be a surprise?
Me: Yes.
It remindes me of "Cheers" and the show's theme song... "sometimes you want to go where everybody knows your name..." I would probably be Lilith or wait, maybe Norm.

After Skyline we all went back to our house. Kelly had baked a cheese cake for PoPo Pop's Birthday. I had just gotten out my Sopde Christmas dishes and was excited to use them for the first time this season. We had a lovely dessert of cheesecake and egg nog. ...And I will go to bed thinking about how thankful I am to have such great family and friends.

No comments: