Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Poop

"Mom, you have poop in your hair" Snofie said this morning. I ran to the mirror in the bathroom and thankfully it was just makeup.

They are going to call off the search for the climbers on Mt. Hood in Oregon today. I've been following this story as well as having become interested on the show on the Discovery Channel called, "Everest: Beyond the Limit". I can understand liking the cold weather and some activities that are associated with it like, skiing, sledding, building a snow man or going ice skating. I do not understand the desire to risk varying degrees of frostbite to climb a mountain in below zero temperatures. I do understand the thrill and challenge of it all but not the knowledge that in conquering the mountain your feet turn black and hurt like hell. Although I do not get these people's pastime I am thankful that we live in a world where we can explore our passions whatever they may be and that if we run into trouble in the pursuit of our goals strangers will band together to rescue us and/or cheer us on.

No comments: